Thursday, April 24, 2008

I did it!

I got a hair cut today. Not a trim, a cut. I had to. My ends were just too damaged. I was going to try a new stylist, but I went to my old stylist, who is good, she's just not as good as her prices. Anyway, I'm glad I did go to her because she called my hair horrendous, and I wouldn't have taken that well from a stranger. I got a protein treatment, a color, and almost 2 inches cut off. My hair is still weak, but it's better, and at least now it will hold a curl. I thought I would feel bad about getting it cut, but I really don't. What good is having long hair if I can't do anything but put it up?! I'm working towards hair health more than hair length. Call me vain, but I feel better about myself when my hair looks nice. Plus, my birthday is tomorrow and I'm not trying to look busted on my day!

Hopefully, my days of having a sink full of broken hair are over!

My stylist does believe that I can have long hair, I just have to keep it healthy. She doesn't believe that wrapping isn't good for me. She thinks I'm just not wrapping the right way. She told me not to worry so much about the products I use, but the styling techniques I do.

I made a stop at the beauty supply store after I left the salon. I didn't really need anything, but I love that store and I was passing by it! I bought some satin covered rollers, a satin bonnet, a bottle of Aphogee 2-minute Reconstructor, ORS Olive Oil Hair Lotion and some end papers. I walked around another beauty store a few hours later, just to see what they had and how their prices were. I really need to stop.

2 comments:

Ms. S said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Anonymous said...

It's ok. I love your blog per you keep it real. I feel like I made that move with you. keep your blogs comming and be blessed.