Some of the reasons for my success so far:
- Haircut - Getting all of those scraggly dead ends cut off was key for my hair to be able to fall right and absorb products (I know many women can work through the damaged ends, but I cannot)
- Co-washing - Suave was so good to me, but V05 is my new love!
- No heat - I haven't put ANY heat in my hair since my relaxer 3 weeks ago...I just have to keep at it.
- Rollersetting - My skills still aren't where they should be, but I'm going to keep working at it. I've found that the most important thing is making sure that my hair is completely dry.
- Pincurl/rolling - to give my hair more curl and body, I've been putting my hair in rollers or pincurls while I get dressed. Sleeping with them is too much- it makes my hair too curly and/or frizzy. Wrapping just doesn't work for me, so I'm sticking to the cross wrap for a while at night.
- Attitude - this is probably the top reason! I truly believe now that I can have healthy hair and the power of positive thinking does work! I don't get upset when my hair doesn't come out the way I want it to; instead I work with it. Like Lisa Akbari says, God gave me this hair and God doesn't make mistakes.