Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Progress

I can definitely see a difference in the feel and thickness of my hair. Even though I didn't want to lose my length, my cut 3 weeks ago was the best thing that could have happened to my hair. I will need another trim when I go for my next relaxer, to get rid of all of the damaged strands, but even now, it's so much easier to style my hair and I don't have to use only products for damaged hair. The color I put in last week still looks strong, and I've co-washed twice since. I haven't experienced any major shedding or breakage either. I still have some areas to tweak in my regimen, but I'm feeling really good about my hair health.

I've been rollersetting, but I'm not too satisfied with how it looks. It's not as straight or bouncy as I want it to be. So for my wash tomorrow, I'll either rollerset the top and wrap the sides or attempt at wrapping the whole thing. I'd probably be better off doing the former, since my wrapping skills are a little shaky- I can never get the top straight and smooth. So, I'll need to fall off the wagon of my product rehab program and buy some kind of wrap foam. Lottabody just isn't doing it for me anymore. My friend Shaun told me that she loves Mizani's foam. I just wish I could buy a sample size to see if it works on my hair before I make the investment! I used to have a great foam when my hair was ultra short. I don't remember the brand, but I bought it from Sallys and it lasted forever.

Last night I had a few of my girlfriends over for a "product swap." They brought some good stuff, but there was nothing I actually needed. I was just glad to get rid of more products I don't use. My girl already emailed me today telling me that the Lady Hilda moisturizing lotion she got from me worked great in her daughter's hair this morning. It's so true that one woman's trash is another woman's treasure. I think I'll have another one in a few months and invite a bunch of people so we'll have a lot of products to choose from!

Tif's current wish list:
  • ORS Aloe Shampoo
  • Nairobi Setting Foam
  • Organix Serum
  • Hask Pure Shine Serum

1 comment:

Ms. S said...

A product swap is such a good idea!! Currently, my product swap consists of my sister coming to my apartment... seeing something that I have and trying to sneak it into her purse!