Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Product Review: J/A/S/O/N Scalp Balancing Natural Jojoba Conditioner

I bought this conditioner last month. I found it at TJ Maxx for $3.99, and ever since I saw this line in Whole Foods, I've wanted to try one of the conditioners. I've also been experimenting with natural products. There really isn't a reason why I waited almost a month to use it.

Description
"Volumizing" JASON Jojoba Conditioner normalizes hair and soothes the scalp. 22 Keratin Amino Acids, 3 Proteins and Planthenol-3 deeply penetrate the hair shaft and strengthen hair while imported botanicals, vitamins and minerals add a deep, moisturizing boost and a natural, healthy shine. JASON Jojoba Conditioner helps correct itchy scalp, excessively dry hair and dandruff from heat curling, blow-drying, perming and too much sun. Continued use can produce dramatic results in as little as two weeks.

Ingredients
Aqua (Purified Water), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract*, Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract*, Emulsifying Wax, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract*, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) leaf Gel*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Stearalkonium Chloride, Natural Tocopherol (Vit. E), Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol-3 (DL-Panthenol, Ethyl Panthenol and Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride), Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A), Lavendula Intermedia Leaf/Flower/Stem Extract*, Linoleic & Linolenic Acid (Vit. F), Triticum Vulgare (Hydrolyzed Wheat) Protein, Vegetable Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane and Dimethicone, Oxybenzone, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance Oil Blend (ingredients with a * are certified organic)

My Experience
I decided to use this as a pre-poo after I applied some vatika oil the day before. I applied it like a relaxer, as I do with other conditioners. I have never used jojoba oil before, and the smell was pleasant. I put on a plastic cap, then a scarf, and left the conditioner on for about an hour while I did housework. I actually worked up a good sweat sweeping, mopping and dusting! When I rinsed it out in the shower, I didn't really like how my hair felt. It didn't feel dry or stripped, but it didn't feel good either...a little rough, I think. Usually when I wash my pre-poo out, I feel a difference in my hair. It feels moisturized and smooth. I co-washed with my V05 Strawberries n Cream twice, and put in some Pantene Relaxed and Natural conditioner in for a minute or 2. That seemed to soften my hair up. I also put in a cedar red brown rinse from The Beautiful Collection and deep conditioned with ORS Replenishing. My set came out shiny, moisturized and bouncy, but I'm sure it wasn't from this conditioner.

The co-washing helped soften my hair up, but overall I didn't see much difference using this product. Maybe I used too much. Maybe I should try it as a conditioner after washing my hair. I won't give up on it just yet...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.