Friday, May 8, 2009

Update and April 2009 Relaxer

Work has been kicking my butt, so I haven't really had time to blog. My hair is doing well, though. My new recent photo was taken a few days after my last relaxer, which was 2 weeks ago. I couldn't believe how much my hair had grown. My stylist pressured me to trim it. I was mad at myself later for letting her, so next time I will stand my ground.

I haven't changed my regimen or any of my products, but I may go up a roller size for my rollersets. I haven't been co-washing much lately since I've only been washing once a week, but now that it's getting warmer, I'll start washing more often. I also want to start wearing more hair accessories, so I'm going to experiment this weekend with my scarves and clips.

I still can't get that darn black color out of my hair, although my stylist said she saw some of it washing out in the sink. I put in a medium red brown rinse last week, but I still don't see any difference- except where my hair is going platinum.

3 comments:

ExoticMommie said...

Try a chelating shampoo, that is working for me. :)

Ms. S said...

Nice progress!! I've been MIA for months...I blame it on grad school, lol.

But I like the new layout of your blog! Keep up the good work. Hopefully I'll post soon.

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks great!! It's growing so nicely. Very healthy.