Thursday, November 5, 2009

Childbirth Hair

I haven't blogged here for a while because I gave birth about 2 weeks ago. So the 2 weeks before I had my baby, hair was one of the last things on my mind. I've washed my hair only once since the baby. I've been keeping it moisturized and wrapped in a silk scarf, but I haven't really been styling it much. A few days ago, I started pincurling it, and I've actually gotten a couple of compliments from some of my friends!

My hairstylist told me that less than 10% of women who have babies lose the hair they grew during pregnancy, so I feel hopeful. I just need to keep up with my regimen. Since my hair is shoulder length now, I plan on wearing a lot of protective updo styles during the cold weather months so that my ends don't rub against my shirts and sweaters. I do need to buy some accessories though!

I know I've written ad nauseum about getting the black rinse out of my hair, but I'm thinking about going black again. It just makes my hair look so thick and shiny. Plus it covers my platinum hair so much better than the browns and reds I've been using. I'm going to try a vert dark brown first before using the drastic black and see how that works.

5 comments:

Hair and Beyond said...

Congrats on your baby.
I did not lose my childbirth hair after having my son. Only because I concieved my daughter 3 months after his birth. After having my daughter I lost the hair. Than again I was not into hair care than like now.

Tee said...

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! Many blessings!

be-you-tifulhair said...

Congratulations on the baby!

Ms. S said...

Congrats on the baby!!!! =)

I was actually thinking about your for a completely un hair related question...

I'm glad all is well with your family and your hair!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!

I was wondering what was happening with you.

take care of the baby and your hair. :)

I was wondering about using a auburn to cover my gray, I hate that I am going back to black but I like total coverage.