Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Air Drying

It's has been hot as hades lately. I washed and rollerset my hair on Saturday, but by Tuesday, it was so nasty from all the sweating I did over the weekend, I had to wash it. I used to be very cold-natured, but ever since I got pregnant last year, my body temperature is about 10 degrees higher. I thought I would balance back out after having the baby, but nope. Anyway, I had to wash my hair last night. I co-washed with V05. When I got out of the shower, I applied a little Salerm 21 leave-in, and sprayed my new aloe vera juice-glycerin-water mix (thanks Traycee). I put a little Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 on my ends. I then put some aloe vera gel to my edges, put a scarf just around my edges, and let my hair airdry.

Because it was 200 degrees outside, my hair didn't take long to dry at all. I couldn't believe how soft and moist my hair was! I didn't want to do a braidout or bantu knot out because I'm still new to these styles, and I never know what I'm going to get. I wasn't trying to go to work looking crazy. So I put a little moisturizer in my hair, sealed my ends with oil, put my hair in a bun and went to bed. This morning, my hair was rough! My ends were good though- probably from the oil and from tucking them in. I just put some more moisturizer on my hair and put it in a side bun. I would have liked my hair and my edges to be smoother. The aloe vera gel isn't cutting it on my edges, so I'll have to try a better gel. Also, for my hair, I probably should have kept smoothing my hair down like Sunshyne does. But at least I know I can airdry! I may co-wash again and try the bantu knots. Worst thing that can happen is that I have to put my hair up in a bun, right?

No comments: