Saturday, October 9, 2010

October 2010 Relaxer

I got a relaxer last weekend. I went 10 weeks. My hair was getting hard to manage, and I didn't want any excess shedding. My stylist used the Mizani Butter Blends for fine hair. I also got a Joico K-Pak protein treatment. She gave me a dusting and said she was happy with the condition of my hair, even though I wish it were thicker. I complained about the black rinse still being in my hair. She said that my hair is dark, but not black, and my roots and ends are my natural lighter brown, so that's a good thing. She told me that the next time I put a rinse in my hair, I should use a light brown. I don't know how well that will cover up my platinum hairs, but I'll try it.

My hair is grazing arm-pit length, but I'm not ready to claim it yet. Reaching my goal length has taken a little longer than I planned, but I'm fine with it as long as my hair is healthy.

I still have a way to go to reach my goals of thick, long, moisturized hair. I'm in the process of incorporating some new products and methods into my haircare regimen...

No comments: