Thursday, November 4, 2010

Just Starting to Deep Condition???

I've been on my hair journey for almost 3 years, and I think I am just starting to truly deep condition my hair! I had a great wash experience last weekend, and I think it was mostly due to the length of time I deep conditioned with heat. I usually spend about 15-20 minutes under the dryer with conditioner in my hair. However, this time, I stayed under over 30 minutes. When I took the plastic cap off, I hardly recognized my hair! It was soft and moist- like butter! Now, I have read about women who deep condition with heat for 45 minutes, but I never did because I didn't think it would make a difference, and I didn't want to devote the time. I am truly a believe now. I will deep condition with heat for at least 35 minutes from now on!

I also used Roux Porosity Control and Infusium 23 Leave-in for this wash. I washed on Saturday, it's now Thursday, and I have loved my hair since. I have been wrapping it every night, which is rare- I can usually only wrap my hair for 3 days before it starts getting limp and flat. At night, I have been applying Hask Pure Shine Polishing Serum and then wrapping. Although it's a serum, it contains some really good oils, and my hair loves it. In the morning, I comb my wrap out, and maybe apply a little coconut or grapeseed oil to my ends. My hair has stayed moist and full.