Monday, January 17, 2011

Egg Protein

Since I'm too afraid to try a hardcore protein treatment, I decided to use an egg this weekend. I've used mayonnaise before, which is good, but a little too oily for me.

I beat one egg, and added about 10 drops of my grapeseed oil mix. I applied the egg all over my hair, and let it sit with a plastic cap for 10-15 minutes. I shampoo'd it out, deep conditioned, and rollerset.

When I took my rollers out, the first thing I noticed was how shiny my hair was. It was late and I was tired, so I wrapped my hair and went to bed. When I woke up, I did the saran wrap treatment just to make my hair silkier. When I combed my hair out, my hair was silky and strong. I don't think my hair has been this strong since I was pregnant, and that was over a year ago. My hair did feel dry, but I applied a little castor oil to my scalp and ends, and my hair was better.

Now I'm positive that my hair needs more protein. I am going to pre-poo with an egg once a month. I also bought some Mane 'n Tail conditioner, which has protein. I will use it every week instead of the Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Treatment. The Aphogee really isn't doing anything for my hair, so I'm going to stop forcing it.

I'm about 90% sure that I will put another black rinse in my hair soon. I asked 3 of my friends this weekend what they thought of me coloring my hair black. All 3 of them said, "Isn't your hair already black?" I guess I'm the only one who notices my brown hair, lol.

No comments: