Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mo' Protein

For this past weekend's wash, I substituted Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor with Mane 'n Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner. I'm not sure how moisturizing it was, but I definitely saw more of difference with this produce than with the Aphogee. I'll do a review of the Mane 'n Tail after I've used it a few more times (I think I like the original formula better). I also put a brown rinse in my hair, which sometimes feels like a mild protein treatment to me. Instead of shampoo, I used my Hair One cleansing conditioner. It's been in my bathroom for months- I'm not sure why I haven't been using it...but anyway, I used it this weekend, and it was pretty good. Still not great, but good. I loved the smell! After I deep conditioned with Aubrey Organics White Camellia conditioner mixed with a little grapeseed oil, I applied Infusium 23 and Giovanni Direct leave-ins and roller set my hair.

I can definitely see and feel a difference in my hair. It's a little thicker, and even though I do the saran wrap method, my hair still holds a little curl, which hasn't been happening lately.

I'm finding that it takes a day or 2 before my hair is really how I want it. I don't know if it needs to soak in the moisturizers and oils and/or have me sleep on it so that it falls nicely. I am 7 weeks post relaxer, so that could be it too. I'm really happy how well my new growth is behaving!

I still need to do something with my edges. I've been tying a scarf around my hairline before I rollerset, which has made them lay down, but their still a little fuzzy. I've tried aloe vera gel and ORS Edge Control with no luck. Any suggestions?

No comments: