Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Amla Oil: My Love/Hate Relationship

Every time I use amla oil, I have mixed feelings. Every so often, I use it as a pre-poo. When I put it in my hair, it feels great. After I wash and condition my hair and start to de-tangle, I wonder what the heck I was thinking when I decided to pre-poo with amla oil. I left the oil in my hair for about a day and shampooed and conditioned my hair last night. Even after putting more than the usual amount of leave-in conditioner, my hair was so tangled! I lost so much hair as I detangled. However, after my hair was dry and styled, it looked beautiful- shiny, soft and moist. I'm just not sure if the results are worth all the hair loss. I still have over half a bottle left, and I've had it for over 3 years. I may just have to toss it, because my blood pressure shot up when I saw all of that hair in the comb!

No comments: