Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Can't Do the No-Heat Thing All of the Time

Yesterday my hair was busted!  I co-washed the night before and air dried in a bun.  I woke up with major frizz.  I also lost a lot of hair while de-tangling in the shower.  Plus, it was still hard to get even a large comb through my hair.  My girl told me that I probably need to flat iron for a little while.  She was so right.  I flat ironed my roots last night and my hair is so much more manageable.  I'm still rocking a bun, but it looks much better.  And, my edges look great- much better than when I tried to flat iron them when they were relaxed. I'm also only going to de-tangle with after I've added leave-in.

I can't co-wash as often as I thought I could.  I just lose too much hair.


1 comment:

laverne hurd said...

I am also transitioning from prem to natural. Go on YouTube "transitioning from prem hair to natural hair". There are a lot of good information out there about products and hairstyles that others have used that might work for you. I like shalinda1, kimmaytube videos. I use aloe vera juice, rose water, jojoba oil, (wholefoods) beau-ti-ful condition, with out protein by beemine, moisturizer by beemine hair products (Order on-line), Shea butter moisturing shampoo (target $10.00) Jamaica black Castro oil. Using the aloe Vera juice might help stop your air from shedding a lot. Hope this was helpful.