Monday, February 17, 2014

Saving My Strands

Since I started doing bantu knot outs on a regular basis, I've noticed that I lose a lot of hair.  I've always been a heavy shedder, but I felt like it was too much, and some was breakage.  Here are the steps I've taken over the past few weeks:

  • Incorporating more protein - I like Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor and Infusium Leave-In
  • Oil rinsing - I actually get better results when I apply oil, rinse, and then apply conditioner, rather than applying oil over conditioner
  • Not blowdrying my hair before I twist
  • Not using too much gel - I use Curling Souflee a couple of times a week now
I was at a party last weekend and I was talking to some curlies who told me not to worry about the hair I lose when twisting.  That made me feel a little better, but I still don't want to see as much hair on my shirt/the floor!

No comments: