Wednesday, June 26, 2019

First Braid Out in Years!

As my hair gets longer, the less time I want to spend on it. I do a lot of exercising, and I just want to be easy and free this summer. Since I went back to relaxed hair, I have been washing, conditioning and roller setting my hair weekly. Because I'm pretty active, the curls only last a couple of days. I'm looking for easy styles this summer that will keep my hair healthy. I decided to try a braid out on my relaxed hair. I hadn't done a braid out in years!

I shampooed with Cream of Nature Argan Oil from Morocco Moisture & Shine Shampoo, deep conditioned with Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Treatment Masque and used Curls Cashmere & Caviar Hair Silk as my leave in. I don't use any of these products on a regular basis, but I wanted as much moisture as possible. I already had them at home, so I gave them a try. I really liked the Curls Cashmere & Caviar leave in- I noticed immediately how much it moisturized my hair. I let my hair air dry loose with a satin scarf around my edges. When my hair was almost completly dry, I created 8 braids using Curls Twist n Shout Cream and avocado oil. I rolled the ends with small perm rods and went to bed.

I was a little nervous to see the result the next morning. I worked out with a scarf around my edges, took a shower, and then took my braids out. I was pleasantly surprised with the results! My hair had great definition, felt moisturized, and looked really full.

This might have not been the best day for me to rock a braid out, because it was SO humid and a little rainy! On top of the humidity, I took a pretty intense yoga class and taught a yoga class. By the end of the day, I had some straight strands. My plan was to put my hair up in 2 pineapples for the night, but because of the humidity, I re-braided my hair.

If I can keep a nice braid out for 4-5 days, I think this will be a good summer style for me!

Please give me any tips on how to master my braid out!

1 comment:

Tia said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing your journey. Love the braid out, you look fabulous. From, The Braids in Sacramento Team