Monday, February 25, 2008

End of February update

I washed this weekend, using no oil. I pre-poo'd with ORS Mayonnaise, washed and conditioned with KeraCare D&I scalp products, and DC'd with ORS Replenishing Pak. I used Salerm 21 for a leave in, and used just a little diluted Lottabody and lots of water to rollerset. My hair looks thicker, but it was a little dry. I put a small amount of vatika oil in it this morning, which helped a lot. I've been cross-wrapping my hair for the past week instead of wrapping it all the way around. The back still isn't great, but with some practice, I'm sure I'll like this method much better.

My takeaways from my most recent washing, and the past month, are:
  1. I think I used too much protein and not enough oil this time. My pre-poo, DC and leave-in all had protein, which I'm sure added to the dryness I experienced. I need to find a good balance.
  2. My hair does like oil, but just not a lot of it. I won't be so heavy-handed with them anymore, even in my pre-poo. I also will take a break from castor oil and evoo, which are heavier than vatika, amla and coconut.
  3. I need to be more patient. I'm going back to my original regimen with using the mayo as a pre-poo (maybe add a little bit of ayurvedic oils the night before) and Elasta QP DPR as a DC.
  4. My hair is actually growing! I have over 1/4 of new growth and although my ends are thin, the care I've been giving my hair has helped make the top 2/3s of my hair a lot thicker.
Now, I just need to find something to do with my new growth for the next 4 weeks (next relaxer on 3/22). My scalp is still way too flaky...but I don't think it's dandruff or dry scalp, because it doesn't itch at all. It could be stress or product build-up, but I'm just going to keep doing my regimen for at least another month.

No comments: