Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Product Review: Elasta QP Recovery Moisturizing Creme Hairdress

I didn't plan on doing product reviews on this blog, but I feel so strongly about this product that I had to write something. I need to remember what works and doesn't work for my hair. It's terrible! Maybe some heads of hair love it, but not mine. I've had it for a while, so I don't remember how I felt when I first bought it, but it really sucks for my hair. I started using it about a week ago. The thick cream made me think that it could really moisturize my hair, but I thought wrong. It didn't moisturize my hair at all- in fact, I think it made it feel drier. I took it to Boston this weekend. After 2 days, I knew that this stuff was wreaking havoc on my hair. I threw it right in the trash. However, the next day I pulled it out and jotted down all the ingredients so I could research them and figure out what in it is so bad for me.

Ingredients: botanical extracts of birch, horsetail, horse chestnut, chmomile, rosemary, sage, nettle, lemon balm, coltsfoot leaf in purified water, mineral oil, cetimonium chloride, cetyl alcohol, cetareth-20, dimethicon, capric coprylic triglycerides (coconut oil), glyceryl stearate, PEG-100, stearate, stearate-10, guar hydroxypropylitrimonium chloride, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, frangrance

Before even researching, some of these ingredients look pretty suspect to me. I know I need to stay away from mineral oil, but what's up with the horsetail and calling coconut oil capric coprylic triglycerides?!

My father didn't really have anything in his cabinet except some s-curl moisturizer, which was actually pretty effective on my hair. (Note- My dad doesn't have an s-curl. In fact, he has very soft "Indian" type hair.) I don't think I would use it regularly, but it did the trick for the rest of my stay.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you posted this. I have this stuff too and I was having the same results. Its really bad stuff in my opinion. It leaves hair dry and weighed down... even greasy at times. And that mineral oil has got to go. I decided that I didn't want it to go to waste, because I'm trying to not waste money any more (lol) so I used it as lotion just so I can empty the bottle and keep it moving. It's actually not so bad on the skin.

Charnita F. said...

Probably b/c it has mineral oil in it......

Dr fomsky said...

Thank you for reviewing this product: I almost bought it!