Friday, March 28, 2008

Some progress..

Today, I actually kinda like my hair. I got a relaxer Saturday, but I washed Wednesday because I'm so paranoid about getting all the relaxer out of my hair after my previous 2 relaxer disasters. I pre-poo'd with ORS replenishing pack, then shampoo'd with neutralizing shampoo and moisturizing shampoo. I got out of the shower and put in a darkest brown rinse from the Beautiful Collection. I sat under the dryer for about 15 minutes, rinsed and dc'd with KeraCare D&I Scalp conditioner and the rest of the ORS replenishing pak and sat under the dryer for another 15 minutes. Then I got back in the shower to rinse. I detangled my hair under the shower, which really reduced the amount of shedding/breakage. I used a small amount of Salerm 21 for my leave-in, and used a little diluted Lottabody to set my hair on rollers. My hair looks a lot healthier, although my ends are still struggling, but not as bad as before my trim. I'm wearing my hair out today, but I'll probably wear it in a clip or bun for the next few weeks. I don't know if I should stretch to 8 weeks since I had so much shedding, but I definitely want to go 7 weeks.

Wrapping my hair is not the move for me- even when I cross-wrap, there is hair sticking up somewhere. My hair won't hold a curl either, and I'm not sure if it's my setting regimen, or the fact that my hair is overprocessed and broken off. I'm just going to keep at it.

I've also been babying my ends with coconut oil every day. It seems to be keeping them pretty moist.

I'm moving next weekend, and a lot of my stress will be gone hopefully. Also, I won't be so scared to go to the hairdresser, because I'll have stylists near me whom I trust!

No comments: