Friday, April 11, 2008

Hooked on Conditioner Washing

I "co-washed" for the first time on Sunday. I made a 12-hour drive on Saturday alone (well.. I had my puppy!) and moved in and cleaned my house on Sunday. I hadn't unpacked my hair products, so all I had was some travel sized Motions De-tangling conditioner and Nexxus Humectress. After co-washing, I put some Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer in, put my hair in a clip, put a silk scarf on and went to bed. When I woke up, I didn't notice much difference in my hair, but then again, I never airdry. The next couple of days I just kept it up and moisturized.

I co-washed again Wednesday morning. I pre-poo'd for about an hour with vatika oil (yes, I am giving oils another try..) and washed with Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner. I deep conditioned under the dryer for about 15 minutes with KeraCare Dry & Itchy Scalp Conditioner. I rinsed, used a little Salerm 21 and rollerset with diluted Lottabody. I also tapped each end I rolled with the Dudley's PCA Moisture retainer. I wrapped with saran wrap and sat under the dryer another 10 minuted. I still can't believe how stronger my hair looks and feels. I can't wait to do it again this weekend!

2 comments:

Ms. S said...

I am hooked on co-washing too! On Sunday, I'll try DCing... I just hope it's not too moisturizing because I think the co-wash is helping me recover from a protien/moisture imbalance.

Yay to good hair days!

todoni said...

Hi Tiffanita! I am happy that you fell for co-washing! lol! I do it almost everyday! So glad to hear that your hair is stronger and better!

Todoni(Healthy Textures)