Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Something Went Wrong

The past couple of days have not been good hair days. I co-washed on Sunday, using the same products I did the last time, adding the Beautiful Brown semi-permanent color. But my rollerset didn't come out too good, so I used the curling iron to press my roots (I used Motions heat protector). My hair was still getting thicker, but it was really unmanageable and a little hard. Maybe I used too much vatika oil to pre-poo...maybe I had too much build-up...maybe the color made my hair hard...maybe my hair didn't like the heat protectant...or the curling iron. So I did it again. This time I pre-poo'd with some Pantene conditioner- no oils this time. I co-washed, once with V05 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying Conditioner and once with Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner. I dc'd with Nexxus Humectress. After rinsing, I used Cantu Shea Butter leave-in and put a dime-sized amount of Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer in, concentrating on my ends. I put my hair in a clip, smoothed down my edges, and put a silk scarf on. With all of those conditioners I used, My hair and hands smell so good!

I'm really trying to get the elasticity back in my hair. That's probably why it won't hold a curl long anymore. I was thinking about getting a professional rollerset tomorrow or Thursday because I'm also thinking my rollersetting technique isn't the best...

1 comment:

Ms. S said...

Oh no! Did the second co-wash help???

Also, I spoke to Amanda from Amanda's (the Dominican Salon that I mentioned on HT). She also works at this bank that I go to every week,lol. She confirmed that they have $20 wash/sets on Tues and Wednesdays. She only works on the weekends but her mom (the owner of the shop) is just as good. She gave me her cell phone number but I wrote it on a bank slip and think I threw it away... eek! I will def be hitting the salon up sometime next week before I go on vacay.

If you do go to Amanda's and Amanda does your hair, tell her Shaquanna said hello!! =)