Tuesday, May 20, 2008

May 2008 Relaxer

So, I got a relaxer last week. My stylist thought that transitioning may be a good idea, just not right now. My ends were way too overprocessed to support so much new growth. She used Mizani mild and cut another 1-2 inches. Now I have a little bob with the sides just past my ears and a little shaved in the back. She wrapped it and bumped my ends. I like it- my hair looks thick and healthy again, and you can't see through my ends anymore. I know I will like it more when I rollerset it this week. I didn't burn at all from the perm, and again, I contribute that to the fact that I never scratch my scalp anymore. I've gotten a lot of compliments on my hair already!

When I left the salon, I drove past the bss I used to go to all the time. Of course there was a parking spot right in front of the store- I had to stop and look around. I realized that Looking Good is not so much a beauty store, as it is an everything store. Besides hair products, they have skin products, kitchen supplies, jewelry, make-up, hats, and a bunch of other stuff I don't need. There is only one aisle of hair products (and a counter of wigs and weave). Since I'm in product rehab, I couldn't buy anything, but there were a few things that caught my eye: Miss Key 10-en-1 conditioner ($5.95), aloe oil ($1), and small rollers to rod my hair ($1-5). I really need to use up some of my other conditioners before I try anything else. I may go back and get the aloe oil in June, although I have an aloe plant at home now, so I may make my own concoction.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been wanting my own Aloe Plant forever now....

Kelle Michelle said...

Aloe plant?! Details!!!