Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Aloe

While I was growing up, my mother was a firm believer in aloe. She always had one or two aloe plants growing in the house, and she would break a piece off in a minute to rub on a burn, cut, anything. My godfather used to be a professional singer, and once when his throat was hurting, I saw my mother squeeze some aloe juice down his throat! So when I got my own house, I took a piece of my mother's plant and grew some in a pot for when I got cuts and burns. I don't have an aloe plant at the moment, but I still am a firm believer in the benefits of aloe. I keep aloe vera gel in the house for rashes, sunburns, burns and cuts (for me and my pets). Why didn't I ever think of using it in my hair or on my scalp??

I've heard that it's good for areas of the hair that don't grow (i.e. temples). I know my aloe vera gel at home has jojoba oil, vitamin e, and some other great ingredients. I just want to make sure it doesn't have any alcohol in it. If not, I'm going to put some on my scalp the night before I wash my hair!

Here are some aloe facts I found:
  • Aloe Vera is a good way to treat hair loss. Many people use various products that contain aloe vera for maintaining thick and healthy hair.
  • One can apply aloe Vera gel on the whole scalp and hair so as to treat hair loss.
  • Aloe Vera includes the enzyme which is beneficial in stimulating the new hair production.
  • Aloe Vera has been used by Native Americans, Indians and many in the Caribbean to promote healthy hair and prevent hair loss. Aloe’s positive effects on the skin are well known, and likewise it can help the scalp by healing it and balancing the pH level of the scalp while cleansing the pores.

Update 2/21/08: My gel has alcohol in it, so I won't be using it for my hair. The next time I see some 100% aloe vera gel, I'm buying it. I'll also get a plant after my move next month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow good info. What kind of Aloe Vera Gel Do you have at home. Keep us updated ♥