Friday, August 1, 2008

Serum

I had never used a serum regularly before. A few of my sorority sisters use Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum before they blow dry or flat iron, and their hair always looks great. I bought some of the Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum a few months ago. Luckily, the bss I was in had it in a small tube, so it wasn't too expensive. I tried it once, but it didn't really do anything. Besides, I'm a little prejudiced against Paul Mitchell products (I blame them on a lot of my damage earlier this year).

Well, after reading how a lot of people rollerset with just water and serum, I decided to give it a try. I mixed about 2 parts water and not even 1 part serum in a spray bottle and set my hair the other day. As I rolled, my hair didn't feel any different than usual. When I took the rollers out, my hair looked so thick (and big, which I like!). However, it felt funny. I'm not sure if it felt heavy, like weighed down, or what. I was just surprised, because I expected it to be light and bouncy. I cross-wrapped my hair and went to bed. When I woke up, my hair was still full of body, but still a little heavy like I had a film on it. My hair looks just fine.

I'm still not sure of this...I don't hate it, but my hair just feels weird. Maybe I used too much or have product build-up. I haven't used shampoo in about 2 weeks. I can say that I'm loving how thick my hair feels when I run my fingers through it. It's supposed to rain this weekend, so I want to see how it holds up in the humidity...

Product Claims
Smooths and conditions unruly hair
Smooths and protects hair with incredible shine.
Helps reduce blow-dry time
Contains our unique Super Skinny® Complex, the finest ingredients and thermal protectants.

Directions
Very concentrated. Rub 1 pump into hands and apply to damp hair starting at the ends and working toward the scalp. Style as desired.

Ingredients
Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, C11 15 Pareth 7, C12 16 Pareth 9, Trideceth 12, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isobutylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene

Update 12/10/08: Maybe it was just the shock of using this for the first time, but I've been using this product for the past 4 months every week and I love it! My hair is shiny, silky and bouncy when I take my rollers out!

No comments: