Wednesday, February 18, 2009

February 2009 Relaxer

My relaxer this past weekend went well. I know I could have gone another week, but I had a formal event to go to. My stylist used Affirm this time. I asked her about it, because she's been using Mizani on my hair for almost the past year. She said she just likes to switch up sometimes and she doesn't see that much of a difference between the two relaxers. I wanted to get get curls, but I punked out. I'm not a big fan of her styling technique, so I just stuck to my old faithful- wrap and bump the ends. She did a rollerset before I got in her chair on a woman's long hair, and I didn't like it. At all. I also got a trim. I didn't really need one, but I didn't get one after my last relaxer. I also like blunt and even ends, and I doubt they would have stayed that way another 8-9 weeks.


My hair came out okay, it just felt a little stiff. I think it's from the ORS hair lotion (which I hate)she put on my hair before she wrapped it. I don't ever remember her doing that before, so next time I'll ask her not to use it. I've had a busy week, so I haven't been able to wash my hair. I'm definitely washing it tonight. I really like how she relaxes my hair, but I don't like how she styles it. She's great with short hair, but not so good with medium and long length heads. The funny thing is that she has long hair (although it's always in a ponytail when I see her) and her daughter's hair is past her waist. Maybe she's just another stylist who thinks that her products work on all heads. Sigh. I'm just going to keep going to her while my hair is growing out. I really don't have the time, courage or patience to try someone new and I only go to her for relaxers, so it's not that serious.

The last 2 times I've gone to her she encouraged me to get a color, but I can do that myself with the same $4 bottle of Adore she uses and save the $15 she charges. I don't think I really needed a color anyway, since I just put some in 2 weeks ago. I decided that I don't want black hair for the summer, so I'm going to start weaning my hair off the black some time next month, and start using some shade of brown.

I'm also going to try to wear protective buns for at least a whole month. Now that my hair is touching the top of my shoulders, I want to protect my ends from the dry cotton and wool sweaters and jackets I wear every day.

No comments: