Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bantu Knots 2.0

Thanks to Traycee, I tried Silk Elements Designing Silk Mousse for my bantu knot out this weekend. This is what I did:
  1. Co-washed with V05 Moisture Milks
  2. Applied Salerm 21 leave-in, some serum and a dime-sized amount of Aussie conditioner to my hair
  3. Put a scarf on my edges and air dried for about an hour
  4. Applied Silk Elements Designing Silk Mousse to my hair and did 5 bantu knots. I also put some KeraCare Essential Oils on the ends
  5. In the morning my hair was still a little damp so I sat under the dryer for about 15 minutes
My hair definitely had more waves, and they kept all day. It actually looked like a braid out. My ends were not straight at all, which is what I wanted. Overall, I was pleased. The only thing I did not like was that my hair wasn't as smooth as I wished. I think I need to do only 4 knots, and I also either need to let my hair air dry completely before the knots, or do the knots immediately and sit under the dryer. I think sitting under the dryer will make my hair smoother.


No comments: