Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February 2011 Relaxer

I got a relaxer on Saturday after a 10 week stretch. It would be nice to go longer, but I think 10 weeks is my limit at this point. I didn't have a lot of shedding, but my hair was hard to style and my ends really needed a trim. I told my stylist to give me a good trim. It looked like she was cutting a lot and I saw a lot of hair on the floor, but my hair is still just hitting arm-pit length. Either I had more new growth than I thought, or I didn't need as much of a trim as I thought. Anyway, I'm happy with my ends now.

My main focus right now is moisture and thickness. I've been looking at a lot of old pictures of my hair lately, and I've realized that my hair has never been that thick (except when I was pregnant). I think it just looked thick because I had a short cut with layers for so long. I thought about getting layers this weekend, but I need to think about it a little more. I also haven't been good at keeping curls in my hair. Lately I've just been cross wrapping it at night instead of putting my hair in pincurls, flexirods or bantu knots. The weather has really been getting to me- I'm so unmotivated to do anything extra.

I need to find a way to keep moisture in my hair! I know the biggest reason for this dryness is the weather, because my baby's hair has been dry too. When we were in Jamaica a couple of months ago, both of us were able to retain moisture in our hair, so I know it's the dry, cold air that's doing it to us. I've been using a humidifier at work and home, and I'm drinking a lot more water, but I need something else...steaming? better conditioner and/or moisturizer? Probably all of these. I guess my hair has the winter blues just like I do!

No comments: