Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Skin Product Review: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

I haven't really talked about skincare on this blog, so this is a first. I do think the condition of my skin is related to my haircare, since I'm sure hair products get on my face somehow. I'm sure my increased use of oils has had an effect on the skin on my face.

In February, I noticed that my forehead was breaking out. I've always had combination skin, but my forehead had become extremely oily. When I went to the doctor for a check-up in April, I talked to her about it, and she gave me a prescription for some cream. I can't remember the name of it, but she told me that it could dry out my skin. I used it for a couple of weeks, and it actually made my skin oilier, and caused more breakouts! I ditched the cream, and tried different facial cleansers- soaps, astringents, scrubs, etc. By the summer, the bumps started to spread to my temples and below my eyes. About a month ago, I bought some Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser. For some reason, I had been hesitant about trying a cream cleanser, since my forehead was so oily. Well, I saw a difference within a week. Now, my forehead is almost completely clear! I use it in the mornings and in the evenings, even though the directions caution about using it more than once a day. I noticed that if I only used it once a day, I saw more breakouts. I also moisturize after using it with a moisturizer with salicylic acid. I'm so glad I found a product to clear up my skin. I was starting to feel like a teenager with bad skin- and I didn't even have acne as a teenager!

No comments: