Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Satin BraidOut

I decided to try another braidout last night. I think this was only the second or third time ever doing a braidout. The last time, my hair was dry, frizzy and looked really short. This time, I did the satin braid out method, inspired by ZanAndRob.

I put some castor oil on my roots and ends and went to a Zumba and Pilates class. When I came home, I co-washed with Tresemme conditioner (my first time using it- I love that stuff!). I applied Aveeno leave-in and a little Morrocan oil, tied down my edges with a satin scarf and let my hair air dry. When it was just about dry, I divided my hair in 4 sections and applied Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil and Silk Elements Mousse to each section. I did twist at the top and braided the rest with the satin strips. I made my four strips out of the fabric I had left over from lining my, my son's and my man's hats last weekend. Then I tied my hair down with a satin scarf and went to bed.

This is how I looked this morning:


I really like it, although I don't really like how the top of my hair came out. Maybe next time I'll cornrow it instead of twisting it, which is why I wore the front up in a clip. It was a challenge to flat twist my hair like that. I really like how this method stretched the hair more, so my hair looked much longer than my last braidout. I am also very pleased with how moisturized my hair feels. I was prepared to add something to it, but I didn't need to.

Now let's see if I can get it like this again tomorrow, lol!

1 comment:

Erma said...

Very nice braidout! I tried the satin braidout, and I failed miserably.