Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year, New Hair Practices

It’s been about a week since I’ve been moisturizing and sealing on a regular basis, and 2 washes since I’ve been applying enough conditioner to all of my strands. So far, so good! No more parched-looking and feeling hair. No more snaps when I run a comb through it. My hair even looks a little thicker!

I’ve also been using the L’Oreal Everstrong Overnight Treatment. This is the first product from the line that I’ve used, and I think I love it! It has ceramides and I could tell a difference in the strength of my hair after just one night. I’m not sure how often or for how long you should us this, so I’ve decided to moisturize and seal for 3 nights, and then moisturize lightly and use the treatment for 3 nights.

I’m currently a little over 6 weeks since my last relaxer, and I’m pretty pleased with my new growth. I was worried because I went to a new salon for my last relaxer, and my stylist does not relax bone straight like my last stylist did. She also did not relax my edges much, which I wanted since I’m trying to bring them back to health. I thought that I would be begging for another relaxer by the time I was 6 weeks, but it’s really not that bad. My roots are a little thick, but they’re manageable, and I like how thick roots can make your hair look thicker. I’ve been better at moisturizing my edges. I also have been using Ecostyler Gel to lay them down. I’m using the maximum hold formula, and although it doesn’t make my edges lay down flat, it keeps my edges manageable. For real, I was looking a mess with no product on my edges! I definitely think I can make it to 10 weeks, maybe longer.

Although it’s last on my list, one of my goals this year is to make it to full bra strap length. I think I only have an inch or 2 to go, so if I keep up with my healthy practices, I should be at my goal length this summer. I don’t think I want my hair to get much longer than that. It might be too much for me to handle. Also, I am an executive and I don’t think super long hair looks very professional most of the time.

No comments: