Friday, March 23, 2012

March 2012 Hair Update

After the gym on Monday, I had to wash my hair.  The weather was unseasonably warm, so that and zumba class kicking my butt made my hair a mess. Also, I put a black rinse in it a few days prior, and every time I touched my head, my hand had turned black!  I didn't rollerset my hair, though. It was hot in my house, it was late, and I just didn't feel like doing it.  So I airdried using the scarf method.  When I woke up, my hair was still a little damp, but my edges were laid down, so I wore a low side bun to work, which I thought looked cute.

Tuesday night, I decided to put about 6 bantu knots in my hair over night. When I woke up Wednesday and took the knots out, my hair looked okay. Not great, but I thought it looked okay for me to wear it out for the day.  I put on a pretty dress and some make-up to make me feel a little better.  It was a little windy, and by the time I got to work, my waves had loosened up a bit. By the end of the day, I looked a mess.  When I got home, I put my hair in a bun and went to the gym.  After the gym, I knew I had to wet my hair and do something else.  I deep conditioned on dry hair for about 45 minutes with a mixture of Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Cholesterol Conditioner and jojoba, almond and olive oils.  I washed it out with Hair One's Argan Oil Cleansing Conditioner.  This was the first time I used the Argan Oil formula (for curly hair), and I like it SO much better than the Jojoba one I had been using.  I don't know, maybe the deep conditioner complimented it. When I got out of the shower, my hair was so moist and shiny.  I towel dried, and applied Matrix Daily Leave-In Tonic & Infusium 23 leave-in and let it air dry for a little while.  When it was about 60% dry, I blow dried my hair on a low setting and flat ironed using Organix Coconut Anti-Breakage Serum as a protectant.  I cross-wrapped my hair and went to bed.  I'm pretty pleased with my how my hair came out, considering I don't feel like I have the blow drying/flat ironing thing down!

I'm still loving my moisturizer and my leave in, and my edges are doing really well without me having to put a lot of gel or other gunk on them.  I love, love, love the egg protein treatment, which I've been doing at least every other week.  I'm also thinking about re-visiting henna.  We'll see...

No comments: