Friday, June 29, 2012

Random Hair Babble - June 2012

My rod set last week lasted a whole week! I set my hair on a lot of grey perm rods, using Lottabody setting lotion and a little Ecostyler gel on the ends.  I went out of town where the weather was extremely hot and humid.  My hair stayed for my whole trip and 2 days afterwards!

I henna'd my hair this week- lazy busy girl style.  I didn't let the henna mix sit for the color release, but I still got color. I also only left it in my hair for about an hour and still got color.  I still had an itchy, flaky scalp from my ppd allergy last month, and the henna seemed to cure it.

I shampoo'd my hair for the first time with Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Clarifying Shampoo before I used the henna.  Loved it!

I deep conditioned with Pantene's Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Mask. I hadn't used it in a while.  That stuff was great. Too bad it's discontinued. :-(

1 comment:

MeliMel said...

Yaaay! Flexirods are good for your transitioning. Are you going to do any buns? I'm going to experiment with some tracks of yaki to beef up the bun. I'm glad you are healing from your allergy! That Pantene line was damaging to my hair.