I. Hate. Going. To. The. Salon.
It's a huge time waster for me. On top of that, I haven't been happy with how my hair comes out when I leave the salon in a long time. I've spent so much money in salons, and to think that I've probably been happy less than 50% of the time makes me mad. I think I've been mistreated by so many stylists over my life, that even though the salon I've been going to for the past few years gets me in and out, I still hate going. I actually consider the stylist who has been putting relaxers in my hair a friend, but I still don't want to go to her salon anymore. I'm tired of depending on someone to do my hair. At this point, I really don't trust anyone to do my hair. For the past 4 years or so, I have mostly just gone to get relaxers, so now that I'm not getting a relaxer anymore, I should really not have to go. These are some of the things about salons I hate, even though I may not have experienced them in a while:
- Me sitting there waiting to be serviced. I never understood paying to wait. WTH?
- Scratching my scalp before or during shampoo. I hate this!
- My stylist leaving the salon to get something to eat or run an errand while I'm under the dryer. So unprofessional.
- Me getting bullied into getting a style/technique/product I don't want. And then paying for it.
- Sitting there knowing damage was being done to my hair. And then paying for it.
- Being late for things that are actually important to me because I was in the salon too long.
- People coming in trying to sell me cds/movies/clothes/jewelry. I usually bring only enough money to get my hair done!
- Getting pressured to pay for other services and products (nails, waxing, a new conditioner) I don't want or need.
- Getting bad hair advice.
- Listening to gossip.
- Listening to music I don't want to hear. If they have a tv, watching something I don't want to watch.
- Being bored.
- Sitting in hot a$$ salons- I'm sweating my hair out before I even leave.
- The smells (relaxer, color, burning hair, chemicals, stinky people).
- My face and back getting wet because the shampoo girl doesn't know what she's doing.
- Feeling like I have to chit-chat with people in there.
- Spending hours there and feeling like I look busted (or the same) when I leave.
- No parking.
- Leaving disappointed. And paying for it!
I have so many other and better things to do with my life than spend hours in the salon. Maybe I'll go a couple of times a year. Maybe....