Friday, February 8, 2008

It's just hair...

...NOT! A woman’s hair (especially a black woman’s hair) is so much more than just hair. My hair means a lot to me. For me, my hair represents my personality, style and creativity. The health and style of my hair represents different phases in my life, my moods, my health, and my overall feeling about myself. You cannot have pretty hair if your overall health (physical and mental) is not where it should be. Therefore, this hair journey represents a quest for physical health, mental health (no stress!) and self confidence. My hair means a lot to me at this point in my life, especially since a lot of other things in my life are lacking. Now that I am on this healthy hair care journey, I know that I have to work on other aspects of my life too. I know that my hair should not be the only thing that defines me, but it can certainly be one of the things that does. So whether my hair falls to my behind, is cut in an ultrashort style, or anywhere in between, I use my mane as an extension of my own personal style!

No comments: