Saturday, February 9, 2008

I hate my hair today

I'm really not happy with my hair. It feels so thin and I got depressed this morning when I saw all the hairs in the sink when I combed the roller set out. I know you're supposed to loose like 40 or more strands every day, but since my hair is feeling (and looking) so thin, I don't feel good about it. I washed it today, using the same routine as I did last week. My hair is bouncy and shiny, but I don't like how it looks. Could it be that I'm using too much conditioner? Did I roll it too tight? The conditioner has definitely cut down the shedding, but there were a lot of broken hairs today. My hair has looked worse, so I shouldn't complain so much- I'm stressed out about other things, so I'm sure that's a factor. I may try to put a Jazzing brown color in it next week, since rinses usually make my hair look and feel thicker. I was just trying to work on conditioning it to a better state before I put another color in it. I put a Clairol Natural Instincts black semi-permanent color in it about a month ago, and that just made things worse. My hair is black and shiny, but it definitely is thinner. Jazzing is also made by Clairol, but it's for black hair and my hair has liked it for years. What was I thinking?! I really regret using the "white girl" color.

Update 2/11/08: After a couple of days of thinking, I'm pretty sure that my problem is too much protein (I pre-poo with ORS Mayo). I remember years ago when I had an Aphogee treatment, it made my hair brittle like this. So, I'm going to only do the ORS Mayo pre-poo once a month and use moisturizing conditioners for my pre-poo and conditioning. I'm going to co-wash my hair this week and see if things get better. I'm still not sure if I'll put a rinse in or not..

No comments: