- I pre-poo'd with my usual vatika oil and Organix Vanilla conditioner. I usually work out or do things around the house, but this time I used a heating cap for about 20 minutes.
- I used Dudley's Fantastic Body setting lotion diluted with water instead of Lottabody. Even while wet, I could feel how much softer and more manageable my hair was.
- I tapped each piece of hair with coconut oil before rolling.
- I used Paul Mitchell's Foaming Pomade and Elasta QP Glaze to keep my edges down.
- When I took the rollers out, I wrapped my hair counterclockwise instead of clockwise.
The only thing that sucks is sitting under the dryer in the summer. I actually only sat under the warm dryer for about a half an hour (with a fan in front of me), then used the heating cap for an additional 45 minutes. It was cooler, I could lie down, and I didn't have to turn the tv all the way up to hear it!