Thursday, February 11, 2010

Random Hair Thoughts

When I was on the subway this morning, I had some thoughts about my hair:

  • My shedding is from hormones, but I've talked to a lot of other women lately who are experiencing shedding. I think it's the time of year.
  • I just realized that I'm 9 weeks post relaxer, and I usually shed some at this point. Not this much of course, but I shouldn't be too surprised.
  • The dry, cold air has made my hair extremely dry. I need to increase the moisture! The other day I applied coconut oil all over my hair (not just the ends like I usually do), and it made a big difference in the look and feel of my hair.
  • I read on one of the boards about some women who never comb their dry hair. I've just been using my fingers for the past couple of days, which has decreased the amount of shedded hair I see.
  • I'm nursing my baby so I can't take garlic supplements, but I'm trying to drink a lot more water and eat more fruits, vegetables and proteins.
  • I'm only doing protective styles until my next relaxer. Even though I keep my hair in a silk scarf and hat when I'm outside, I need to keep my ends protected.

No comments: