Friday, April 16, 2010

Best Rollerset

Last night I achieved the best roller set I've ever done. The only thing I did differently was that I pre-poo'd with amla oil. I actually mixed the amla oil with some garlic powder for shedding and a little evoo. Since my last garlic pre-poo resulted in drier hair, I thought I'd mix the garlic powder with oil instead of conditioner. I tried amla oil 2 years ago, with not-so-good results. My hair was in pretty bad shape though, so since I still had the amla, I decided to give it a try. I deep conditioned with Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Deep Conditioning Mask. It usually gives me a lot of "slip" but not yesterday. I noticed immediately that my hair was a little hard to de-tangle with a wide-tooth comb. After I sat under the dryer for 20 minutes, I rinsed it out and did a quick conditioning rinse with Pantene Relaxed and Natural Intensive Moisturizing Conditioner. I have to say, I was a little worried that my hair wasn't as easy to comb as it usually is. I proceeded to roller set. I decided not to use the extra thin rat tail comb I usually set with, because I didn't want to lose any hair. When my hair was dry, I noticed how shiny my hair was as I took the rollers out. When I combed my hair out, I could NOT believe how soft and bouncy my hair was! I really have never had such a good set, even when I professional did it. I'll have to research amla a little more and see if I can make the conditioning experience a little better. I did only pre-poo for about 45 minutes, so maybe I need to leave the oil in longer? I have also been battling a cold for the past 2 weeks, which shows in my hair, making it drier than usual. Here is how my hair looked after taking out the rollers:


I've also been smoothing my hair on the roller as I roll for the past couple of weeks, which has made my hair a lot smoother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks good girl!!!! What size rollers do you use?