Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Staples

I've been trying some new products over the past month or 2, but I've decided to stop experimenting. My hair was doing well with my staples, so why would I change products? I don't know, maybe I was bored. Last week, I did have a good roller set result, but I didn't like how tangled and hard my hair was when it was wet. My hair also got hard and felt like there was a film on it only 2 or 3 days after I washed it. I'm not sure if it was the amla oil, the rinse, the Infusium leave-in, or a combination of the three products. For this past weekend's wash, I decided to go back to my true blue products. My hair didn't look as silky, but it felt (and still feels) great. I also think it looks a lot thicker and healthier this week.

My staples for wash days:
  • Pre-poo: Organix Coconut or Vanilla Conditioner
  • Shampoo: Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo OR Creme of Nature (green label)
  • Conditioner: V05 Moisture Milk
  • Deep Conditioner: ORS Replenishing Conditioner
  • Leave-In Conditioner: Giovanni Direct
I'm going to be sad when my green label Creme of Nature shampoo runs out. I know many people think that it's not discontinued and that it's in new packaging, but the ingredients are different. The Giovanni Direct Leave-In is also a different formula. I hated it at first, but this weekend, I diluted it with water in a pump bottle and it felt like my old stuff. As always, I would like to try new products, but I need to work on getting my hair long, and using up the products I already have.

I'm 9 weeks post relaxer today. I'm going to a family event this weekend and away for work next week, but I will not relax. My edges are a little kinky (it's all new growth since I lost a lot during my postpartum shedding). It's fine though. I want to make it to at least 11 weeks this time before getting a relaxer. My hair looks fine, other than my edges, but it doesn't bother me too much. I cover most of it with my hair, and I could use some gel or something if it really gets bad.

No comments: