Sunday, May 16, 2010

May 2010 Relaxer

I got a relaxer this weekend. I went about 11 1/2 weeks this time. I think my postpartum shedding has stopped, but I got the usual shedding I get when it's time for a relaxer. My relaxer experiences are so pleasant now. I never burn anymore, and I used to burn every time. My stylist deep conditioned, trimmed and rollerset my hair. She used the Lottabody foam wrap, which didn't really impress me. I usually have her pincurl it after she takes the rollers out, but this time I had her wrap it because I wanted it to be straight for a few days:
I like how it came out, and I'm so happy about my growth. I can't believe how close I am to arm pit length! Now that I feel like it's long enough, I'm going to start trying braidouts. I know it will take me a while to find the right products to use, so I'll just do it on the weekends at first! I also need to buy some new hair accessories. All of my clips are too small or weak because they always break in my hair now. Not a bad problem to have, huh?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hair is beautiful! I am so jealous...my hair is growing but I am waiting patiently...beautiful!

Shika said...

Your hair looks really good!!! Congrats on your progress, you'll be APL in no time!!